Dear fellow UtaPuri fans…
I would like to buy your UtaPuri 1st volume DVD for you. And I will gladly pay for your shipping!!!
I mean, of course you would pay for the DVD itself, which is 6799 yen (it comes with the Poison Kiss CD, the premier talk part digest, a 12 page booklet and a clear case) And I would ask you to pay for the Paypal withdrawal fee of 250 yen.
But I will ship it to you via EMS and I will pay for your shipping. For all of it.
So in short, all I would ask of you is 7050円 (pay by PayPal please (^_^))
The reason being because they give a ballot for the 3rd UtaPuri live and I will be honest with you, I really, really want to go.
And so I come before you with this offer.
If anyone is interested please feel free to drop me a line.
HEY I’M GETTING ONE AND NDSAJKGBAKJ POISON KISS FUCK YES
IF YOU COULD HELP SHAINA THAT’D BE REALLY AWESOME and believe me EMS is super fast ndsakjbasjkfbj owo <33333
There is the chance that I may have an extra DVD for sale of the event. And I was wondering would there be anyone interested in buying it off of me in the case that it DOES become available.
The price including all shipping and fees is 8180 yen and it would have to be paid as soon as possible (since it comes out in five days XD)
If anyone is interested, please don’t hesitate to send me a message!!!
- there were two explosions in copley square near the end of the finish line
- a reliable news channel here reported on a third, controlled explosion, so it was likely that a bomb squad found the explosion and set it off themselves
- the people who run the marathon have called the explosions a bomb, but NOTHING has been confirmed by the police
- 22 people have been injured and 2 people have been confirmed dead— injuries are severe and include loss of limbs in some cases
- yes, there was a fire in a wing of the jfk library that occurred almost immediately after the explosions were set off, but no one knows if they incidents connected yet
- the victims have started arriving at the hospital and are being treated for their injuries now
- the train and most streets are being closed off
- the fbi is on its way to the site of the explosion right now
- the president HAS been notified of the explosion
- if you live in/near boston, please just stay as far away from the explosion site as you can and allow people to do their jobs. if you have family in the area that you’re worried about, call them rather than going down to check on them.
- a reliable feed for those who don’t live in boston can be found here https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe
This time it’s for the Amnesia Locket collections. Six different lockets in a box apparently.
Same deal as the previous one:
- $7.00 for one
- $5.00 for the second or more
- $1.50 for Canadians, $2.50 for Americans and $4.50 for International postages
- Paypal would be preferred(we can talk about what other way if you can’t)
- Send payment to Liz01@rogers.com
That’s actually a very good question! (In reference to this post, for those who haven’t read it)
The best thing to do would be to actually contact companies that make or translate visual novels, and let them know. Below, I’ve listed contact information for Otomate (a branch company from Idea Factory, which produces many otome games in Japan, including Norn 9), Aksys (the company that brought over Hakuoki, and is translating Sweet★Fuse: At Your Side), JAST USA (a company that has translated many English bishoujo games, and have been talking about translating the Starry☆Sky series, as well as other otome games), and MangaGamer (another company which translates bishoujo games).
Just send one or more of the companies a simple, polite message letting them know you’re interested in seeing more otome games in English. Let them know which titles you are interested in; mentioning Norn 9 is probably a good idea, since it was already brought up.
• Otomate (オトメイト):
When contacting Otomate, please remember that they are a producer of visual novels, so you should only mention the games that they have created (a list can be found here).
(First line: Name
Second line: Email address
Third line: Type your email again
Fourth line: Subject
Fifth line: Message)
It should be fine to send your message in English, but if you’d like, you can also run it through Google Translate to Japanese, even if the translation isn’t perfect.
Don’t forget to thank them for Hakuoki and Sweet★Fuse!
Phone number: 1-310-212-6339 (Open Monday - Friday, 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time)
• JAST USA
Leave a comment here
Contact via Twitter
If you know of any others that would be useful, please don’t hesitate to let me know!
So thanks to a really stupid financial mistake that I’d rather not elaborate on in a public space, I would like to remind you guys that I do take Japanese to English translation commissions! Whether it’s a full doujin, a few pages of a comic, or a single fanart piece, I’d be more than happy to translate them for you as long as you can provide me the images/scans.
I would provide sample prices but they’re all over the place. I’ve charged anywhere between $25-$40 for an average 30-ish page doujin depending on the amount of text, some single fanart pieces I’ve only charged $1 for, etc. Things that will lower your price:
- Series I’m familiar with (Persona 4 and Ace Attorney being the standouts, but I also know P3 and Tales of the Abyss to an extent.)
- Letting me not translate SFX
- Not wanting typesetting, just a script
- Not wanting your scans cleaned if they need it
Alternatively, I’m desperate enough at this point that if any of my future projects are ones you’d like to see sooner, I would be willing to push them ahead and get them done faster if you’re willing to pay for them. Paid commissions always take priority. The Magician can’t be worked on until post KatsuCon in mid-Feb since Tasobi’s my scan cleaner for that project and she’s busy up until then, but I have the first two chapters of the Arena manga and could also scan Yasoinaba Case File and volume 2 of the Arena anthology, (the one that has nurse Yosuke in it). I’m planning on getting to those eventually on my own time, but again, I’m more motivated to spend more time on them if people have sent me money for them. ;;;
Questions can be directed to my askbox or through fanmail. You can also email me at taiho.kun [at] gmail, just put something like “Translation Commission” in the subject line. If I don’t respond to your ask within 48 hours, try resending it or using another method of contact since sometimes my messages get consumed in the Tumblr void.
Signal boosts would also be appreciated! Thanks, guys. :>